Miss Oklahoma Pageant was first held at the First Christian Church in 1952 in Oklahoma City. In 1964, the pageant moved to Tulsa and was held in the Civic Center. Toni Spencer was the Executive Director and Ralph Blane as the Producer/Director. Miss America 1958 Marilyn Van Derbur was the mistress of ceremonies and it was televised statewide. The Kiwanis Club of Tulsa became co-sponsor of the pageant in 1966, and took over full sponsorship in 1972 with Charles Welch as the Executive Director. Today the Executive Director is Kay Alexander.
The Miss Oklahoma Pageant is proud to offer over $2,000,000 in scholarships to contestants each year. Over $8 million dollars have been made available and nearly 10,000 women have participated in the Miss Oklahoma program in state and local competitions since The Kiwanis Club of Tulsa started sponsoring the pageant in 1972.